Thursday, July 12, 2012

Production Wednesday!

Roebot Online

Today (yes technically it's Thursday but it's still Wednesday to me) is my first Production Wednesday. Where I will talk to you all about what is going on in the inner workings of Roebot Films and the projects that we have lined up.

First and foremost we have a project that is in partnership with Ergo Pictures (the old Youtube group I use to do videos with). It's a low budget action comedy about creating lemonade stands (hence the title Lemonade Stand) I've gone ahead and attached a page from the script that I think will give you an idea as to what goes down as the lemons begins to fly.

Just one of the pages of the script for
Lemonade Stand.
 Not only that but Roebot Films finally has an actual designer. Erik (ELS Designs) is a fantastic graphic artist who has really helped make Roebot Films what it is. Designing the logo and the title sequence for my videos has fired us up to become a great production company. And just tonight he brought over a mock up poster for Lemonade Stand (which I've also attached for your enjoyment).


He said he did this in an hour,
I couldn't hope to do this in
a week!
As far as solo projects go, I have a few in mind. All involving my little chub monster Poe. One of them will be a joke trailer that I talked about in previous posts. But why my kitty? Because like I said, you gotta sell out and that's what the internet calls for. BIG FAT KITTIES! Not only that but I've come up with a somewhat experimental film where it's a relationship through a cat's eyes. Instead of seeing the people head on you see them from their cute fluffy companion's big round eyes. Just a simple idea.

The star of some soon to be Roebot Films Shorts!
I've got a 1000 and 1 scripts that I could do, plenty of projects I could do but there in lies a problem. Lack of funds. I don't have a huge budget, otherwise I wouldn't be spending my time here, but instead I would be making films at all hours of the day. Luckily enough it seems as though the times they are a changing.

My mother (bless her she's probably sick of these mentions) is looking to potentially aid in my endeavor. Whether or not it's her vicariously living through me it doesn't matter. I'll take any kind of support I can get at this point. However I'm just getting a leg up, a lot of the heavy lifting I will have to do my own

For example, I'll be purchasing my Macbook Pro and my editing software while she assists (not pay for all, because if she were rich this wouldn't be an issue) with the camera. I find that she's not doing it out of motherly love but that she believes in my talent. I pitched to her over dinner what I want to do with Roebot Films and I feel as though she is finally seeing the light through the overwhelming doubt shadow.

Soon...my precious...soon.
(image)

In other news, I'm diligently working on my second feature length film. I wrote one in a session of three days (non stop working except for the occasional bathroom break (thank god for a minifridge in a room)). That one needs work, but this one has been two years in the making. Simply called Eden. That's really all I can give you all. It's going to be great (if and when I sell it) and I'm just so happy to be working.

Yes some may say this was a pointless blog, not nearly as funny or enjoyable to read but it helps me and it helps you. It helps me by keeping me in line with what I'm doing as well as it helps you know what the company is doing. Maybe you find it interesting, maybe not but it's all the same to me. Roebot Films is all about doing what it takes to revolutionize Hollywood and I hope you all as my would-be audience will join me on my journey to take the silver screen by storm.

Roebot Offline

No comments:

Post a Comment